|Making fresh gluten-free pasta from scratch couldn’t be easier with our Yellow or Green Pea Flour, with or without a pasta machine.
Hodmedod's Yellow and Green Pea Flour both make fresh gluten-free pasta that's easy to work and has a superb taste and texture.
The fresh pasta can be made from scratch in about 15 minutes. Cooked fresh it takes just 1 to 3 minutes, depending on the thickness of the pasta.
- 100g Yellow or Green Pea Flour
- 1 Free Range Egg (or just use 40-50 ml Water for vegan pasta)
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Extra Water or Olive Oil if required
- Pea Flour for dusting
- Weigh the pea flour into a large mixing bowl, make a well in the centre and add the oil and egg (or 40ml of the water if omitting the egg)
- Combine the ingredients thoroughly until the dough holds together well and has a springy consistency. Fingers work best but a food processor can be used for this step if you prefer. Add more oil or water if the dough seems too dry.
- Leave the dough to rest, wrapped in clingfilm or covered with a damp tea towel. The dough should be rested for at least 5 minutes but 30 minutes is better if time allows. The dough will keep well for up to 24 hours if wrapped and refrigerated.
- Place the dough on a work surface dusted with flour and roll out flat.
- If using a pasta machine, feed the rolled dough into the machine with the rollers on a wide setting, fold over on itself and feed through again. Reduce the setting and repeat until the pasta is the required thickness.
- Without a pasta machine just roll the pasta on the floured work surface, fold and roll again, repeating until the pasta is the required thickness.
- Cut the pasta into the desired shape manually or using the pasta machine cutter. Tagliatelle, maltagliati and lasagna sheets all work well.
- Cook in vigourously boiling salted water for 1 to 3 minutes, depending on the thickness of the pasta. Or use lasagna sheets to replace dried pasta.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.