|We were blown away when we saw this amazing black hummus, made with our Norfolk chickpeas, posted on Instagram by @hallefaraj and we're thrilled that she's happy for us to share it here.
@hallefaraj says, "Black tahini, miso and kimchi hummus, why? Because it’s iftar time, we’re in lockdown, and it’s #internationalhummusday"
"I used my very own bell pepper infused olive oil, crispy chickpeas, lemon and parsley marinated chickpeas oh and made some sourdough, my first semi-successful one, everything tasted so so good the umami-ness was deep and very Halle’esque"
"The umami flavours of this hummus gives a delicious depth, adding the kimchi lifts it to magical levels."
- 250g Chickpeas
- 2 x ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 3 tbsp Black Tahini
- 1 tbsp Miso (or we suggest Fava Bean Umami Paste)
- 4-5 tbsp Cold Water
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Kimchi
- olive oil to drizzle
- 2 tbsp whole Whole Cooked Chickpeas (optional)
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- ¼ Lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tsp Parsley, chopped
- Wash the chickpeas and soak overnight in cold water with 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Drain, rinse and add them to a pan of water with a 1/4 tsp of baking soda, bring it to the boil, then simmer for 45 min-1 hour, or until tender and soft to touch.
- Drain the cooked chickpeas, reserving 2 tbsp for garnish.
- Place the bulk of the cooked chickpeas in a blender with the garlic and blend for 2 min, scraping the sides halfway through.
- Add the black tahini, miso, lemon juice and olive oil, and blend for a further 2 min or until smooth. Taste, and season with salt and plenty of black pepper. Serve with a generous drizzle of olive oil, the kimchi, and reserved whole chickpeas.
Optional Garnish preparation
- Preheat the oven to 200c. Toss 1 tbsp chickpeas in a olive oil, salt and roast for 20-30 min or until golden.
- With the remaining 1 tbsp of chickpeas, sprinkle lemon zest and squeeze over the lemon juice, and add 1 tsp of chopped parsley.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.